Share Economy - Legal Belgium

In accordance with the law of 10 July 2016, as last amended by the law of 5 July 2018, using a service provider via or working on platforms like market place is 100% transparent and legal. Indeed, the law of the collaborative economy offers a clear and advantageous fiscal framework to round off its ends of the month in all legality . An individual can now earn 6.250 €(on the calendar year 2019) without having to change status. These revenues, which are not considered as professional income, are exempt when the total amount (the amount actually paid by or through the platform, plus any sums that have been retained by the platform or through it) does not exceed, during the calendar year, the amount of € 6,250. Another small advantage of this new law? The invoices which are generated in your user panel you can use them to submit as your income from



The self-employed complementarily
The complementary self-employed exercise simultaneously and primarily another professional activity:

as a salaried worker,
either in teaching,
as an official.
The formalities to be fulfilled in order to be able to carry out an independent activity in a complementary capacity are identical to those of the self-employed worker.

As a self-employed worker in a complementary capacity, you are also subject to the social status of the self-employed. You must therefore join a social insurance fund for self-employed workers and pay quarterly social security contributions. However, you continue to benefit by priority from the benefits of the plan to which you are subject in respect of your activity or principal status (employee, civil servant, pensioner).

You can be considered as self-employed in a complementary way:

if you are an employee, temporary worker or non-appointed teacher: the number of hours worked as part of your salaried or temporary activity must extend to at least a monthly half-time;
if you are a civil servant: you must work 200 days or 8 months a year and the work schedule must correspond to at least a monthly half-time;
if you are an appointed teacher: you must perform at least 6 / 10ths of a full schedule;
if you are unemployed: you must receive unemployment benefits and be allowed to carry out your self-employed activity on an ancillary or occasional basis;
if you are receiving an allowance paid by the mutual insurance company: your disability must be at least 66% and the compensation paid to you must be at least equivalent to the pension of a self-employed worker at the isolated rate.